Project management is one of the most rapidly growing and widely recognized professions, with over a million PMP Certification holders worldwide. A growing number of businesses are looking for project managers who are certified as project management professionals through the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a globally recognized certification awarded by the PMI (Project Management Institute) to candidates who pass a comprehensive exam that assesses the candidate’s ability to manage a project’s people, processes, and business goals.
Candidates who pass the PMP exam become globally recognized and certified project management associates. The PMP Certification can be used in almost any industry, including business, health, information technology (IT), and construction.
Why is the PMP required?
A PMP Certification Services Aurora, USA opens doors to excellent career opportunities in any industry or location. Furthermore, it enhances the candidate’s project management skills and demonstrates their ability to manage and lead difficult projects. The following are some of the advantages of obtaining a PMP Certification:
- PMP is a globally accepted and recognized credential that is in high demand by almost every organization and industry. As a PMP, you can work in any industry or location in the world because your skills are transferable.PMP is ranked as one of the top and most prestigious project management certifications in North America by CIO magazine.
- Higher Salaries – According to a salary survey conducted by PMI, project management professionals earn 23% more than those who do not hold a PMP certification. Furthermore, PMP ranks fourth on the list of top-paying IT certifications as of 2023, with an average salary of $100,000 per year.
- Professional Development – Obtaining a PMP Certification can help you advance professionally by allowing you to expand your knowledge and skills in the project management domain. PMP certification boosts your market value.You can work as a project manager, program manager, operations manager, IT director, and other positions.
- Learn new skills – Passing the PMP exam is not easy. It takes a significant amount of time to study and prepare. Mastering the topic and learning the principles of each project management approach are required. Among the hard and soft skills you’ll learn are communication, leadership, organization, team management, resource management, problem solving, conflict resolution, and time management. Finally, you’ll learn about best practices in project management as well as current trends.
- Job Opportunities – According to a PMI report, employers will require 87.7 million people to work in various project management-related roles by 2027. In the end, approximately 200,000 new project management jobs will be created in the United States between 2023 and 2027.
PMP Qualification Criteria
Candidates must meet a number of educational and professional experience requirements before they can even apply for the PMP Certification exam. PMP eligibility criteria are determined by a variety of factors and levels of experience. Before you begin your journey to become a PMP certified, you must first meet a few PMP eligibility criteria.
The required experience demonstrates your soft skills and team-building abilities, whereas your educational level demonstrates that you have sufficient practical and theoretical background for the certification. However, the level of experience you have varies depending on your educational background and may change over time.
PMP certification can help you get started in project management while also giving you an advantage over the competition. This dispels any doubts about whether or not to pursue it. Numerous firms’ HR departments recognize that a professional with PMP certification is enthusiastic about pursuing a career in project management. PMP-certified professionals are not expected to take on leadership roles at the start of their careers.